6 Elegant Quotes to Include in Your Funeral Order of Service
Words by Utterly Printable
Losing a loved one is sadly an inevitable part of life and something we must all deal with at one time or another. The funeral service is a time for people to come together and remember the life and the impact the person had. While it will be sad, it will also bring comfort and an occasional smile to those gathered together at this special time.
Many people find the responsibility of planning the service and designing a funeral order of service template an anxious time. They can be scared of upsetting or offending people, but actually it is hard to get wrong, as at that moment people have forgotten their gripes and are just gathered to pay their solemn respects. The quotes should be reflective of your loved one and can even be humorous if that is the type of person they were.
There are some wonderful quotes to include when considering your funeral order of service printing. They should be fairly short and compact, not to be confused with readings that friends and family may offer up. They tend to be printed in the inside front cover, or at the bottom of the back page.
Funeral Order of Service Quotes to Consider:
At the time of planning, you may be distracted with your own grief, so we have gathered together some of those that we consider to be the most poignant, beautiful and appropriate quotes to help you find what you’re looking for:
- God saw you getting tired. When a cure was not to be. He wrapped his arms around you and whispered, “come to me”. You didn’t deserve what you went through, so he gave you needed rest. God’s garden must be beautiful; he only takes the best. Francis and Kathleen Coghill
- You are near, even if I don’t see you. You are with me, even if you are far away. You are in my heart, in my thoughts. In my life always. Unknown
- May the road rise to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. May the sunshine warm your face, and the rain is full soft on your fields. Until we meet again. Unknown
- Every man’s life in the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another. Ernest Hemingway
- Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy. Anonymous
- The journey doesn’t end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. JRR Tolkien, The Return of the King.